Saturday, July 28, 2012

The 22 Project: NYC - episode 6

I sure did consider using these guys as five separate episodes, but it's enough of a stretch already – our meeting wasn't exactly happenstance.  In fact, it probably shouldn't count at all, since the hardest part about this project is getting the guts to go up to people, cold introduction, and hope for the best.  There are signals that make it easier of course.  I haven't tried a person that isn't alone yet, and I don't usually go for people who look preoccupied in any way, but it's still daunting.  This exercise was originally meant to help me be myself around people I don't know yet, but it's starting to become a test in bravery as well.  It wasn't like that for these fellas at all.

We were all in a music video!

I was Girl Walking Down the Street. The one in the green shirt was our director, Ethan, and the other guys were Guys on Stoop.  Action!  I walk down the street, and all of the guys whoop, and holler, and make catcalls and rude gestures at me.  And then the Asian guy rises from his spot and hits on me personally – and I get to reject him in the harshest way possible.  Lucky for me, he's about a foot shorter than me, so that's easy.  Lot's of mocking and cheek pinching ensues.  Cut!

And that's how I met the guys from the Soul Khan video shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive