Sunday, August 5, 2012

The 22 Project: NYC - episode 14

Starting off with a confession: this installment and the next are a two-part meeting.  I know!  I'm ripping the rules of the 22 Project to shreds, but I'll be honest, I skipped a day and had to catch up eventually – this twofer was just too good to pass up.

This is me and my new pal Francisco!

I'm afraid he might fall under the same umbrella of the last 22 profile – he seemed to think I was coming on to him.  Lucky for me, I have the universal Get Away Quick card, "Oh, that's so nice of you, but I have a boyfriend!"  (Though, looking at this picture, it didn't seem to work.  He's awfully close.  I'm going to have to start taking these photos in landscape.)

It's interesting, I was on a different train than usual, taking the 1-2-3 line instead of my usual 4-5-6.  Maybe it was the brown and orange coloring of the train, or the dim lights, or maybe it was the air conditioner that was barely holding on to life, but the atmosphere just seemed warmer!  New Yorkers must be nicer when the lighting isn't so harsh.

Frankie and I did speak for a while, so I got to know him a little better than some of the other 22.  He's born and raised right here in the city, and he just started a job in security!  Good for you, Francisco.  I told him so, and he thought about it for a moment and said, "Thank you."  I like a person who thinks about what he's about to say.  +2 in my book.

The two of us only spoke in the first place because we were mutually frightened by something.  In his words, he was just "caught off guard," but I know fear of a monster when I see it.  And that's how Francisco and I met the next of the 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive