Saturday, August 4, 2012

The 22 Project: NYC - episode 13

A new dilemma has presented itself, and it's not just that I cut part of my face out of the photo.

This is Saquan.

I met him on the downtown 6 train, right as we were pulling into my stop, and he made it into the 22 because I thought two things: the second was that I need more diversity.  I should be an equal opportunity creep!  The first was that he was a young man cleaned up nice in a suit in East Harlem.  Not something you see every day.  Or week.  Or every three months, because that's about how long I've lived there.

When I handed him my phone to get his email address, as I try to remember for all of my victims/subjects, he gave me his phone number instead.  Okay, I thought, that's not too strange. We were pressed for time after all.  (If he'd taken much longer, I would have been on my way to another MariaMaria!)  Plus, I needed him to spell his name for me.  A quick text was perfect for that.

And then it began.


I've taken photos with a lot of guys over the last 13 episodes.  Do they all think I'm hitting on them?  Sure, I say a few complimentary things about them in the posts, but should I say something?  That seems like the socially awkward thing to do, lead with, "Oh by the way, I'm not hitting on you, this is purely for blogging purposes."

Is Saquan just a bold young man, or is the 22 Project giving a lot of fellas the wrong idea?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive